Configure Your Microsoft Office 365 Environment
In order to be able to enable journaling with the archiving system you need to have the Enterprise version of Office 365. The following guidelines will detail how to enable the steps needed to journal all mail from your O365 account, t the Sonian Archive solution.
First, you will need to log in the archiving system and follow the steps described below.
From the Sonian Archive Service - Obtain your Unique Journal Mailbox SMTP address:
1. Log in to your already Sonian Archive account using the credentials previously provided by your Sonian Service Reseller. From the dashboard, Click on "Admin".
2. From the Admin dashboard, click the "Collectors" tab.
3. Click on "Configure SMTP collector" in the collectors tab.
4. Copy the SMTP address given to you, highlighted in green. You will use this address when configuring journaling in Microsoft Office 365.
Once you are done in the archiving system and have the SMTP address, log in to Microsoft Office 365 and follow the steps described below.
In your Microsoft Office 365 account settings:
1. Go to the Admin home page and select Exchange
2. Then, select Compliance Management > Journal Rules > and click the + to add a new rule
3. Choose the settings for the new Journal rule and save.
When journaling is enabled, a copy of every message sent/received will be sent via SMTP to the archive.
Sonian will accept and store the journaled messages, messages journaled will be available to perform e-discovery searches within 24 hours, typically this could be a lot sooner (4-8 hours).