Knowledgebase: Sonian Archiving
Sonian LDAP Setup
Posted by Rob Chidester on 02 July 2014 07:21 PM
LDAP integration gives you the ability to leverage your directory information to provision and manage archive users and related attributes. LDAP integration is designed to help you streamline user provisioning, management, and authentication. This feature is mainly designed to relieve the administrator(s) from the hassles of manually managing archive users.
Notes: LDAP support needs to be enabled at the account level first by the OEM administrator to appear in the Account Admin settings page. The sn, given name, mail, username, and password have to be filled out on the LDAP server for integration to successfully complete.
In order to establish a connection between your LDAP server and your archiving provider, please follow the following steps:
1. Go to the LDAP integration tab:
2. Provide your LDAP server connection settings:
* By default, servers that are performing user authentication and management connects to the customer LDAP server using LDAP over SSL (port 636).
Screenshot - LDAP server connection
3. Provide your username and password for the LDAP integration account:
Screenshot - User name and password
4. Describe how the service should locate and identify archive users:
* User Filter is an LDAP filter string that is used to select those records within the base DN.
Screenshot - Base DN and user filter
TESTING YOUR CONFIGURATION
It is important that you test your LDAP configuration, before saving any settings you provided. In order to do so, follow a simple three steps process:
1. Test User Name - Provide a user name for a user account that should have access to the archive. It will be used to validate the settings you provided above.
Screenshot - Testing your LDAP configuration
Test configuration fails
In case your test configuration fails, you will see a message displayed below the Test Config button telling you what errors there are and which fields need to be modified.
Screenshot - Test config fails
Test configuration succeed
In case your test configuration succeeded, you will see a message displayed below the Test Config button telling you that your LDAP configuration settings are accurate and that the test succeeded.
Screenshot - Test config succeed
Once you are done testing your LDAP configuration and that the archive system has validated your LDAP configuration settings, click on Save Settings at the bottom of the page to save your settings and enable LDAP integration.
Below are few configuration examples showing LDAP configured accounts for OpenLDAP, Microsoft Active Directory, and Novell eDirectory.
Screenshot - LDAP integration - OpenLDAP example