Generating CSVs From Logs
Posted by Carlos R on 20 October 2016 08:21 PM
The Generated CSVs page lists in-process logs that are written to CSV files. The page includes CSV requests made from both the Monitors and the Logs tabs. The generated CSVs have these features:
Generated file size quota per account is 2 GB.
For Allowed, Blocked, File Types Blocked, Malware Blocked, and Full Audit, the generated CSV files can have up to two million lines.
For Monitors logs, the limit is 200,000 lines per CSV file.
The CSV files are compressed and stored for up to seven days.
The list of generated CSVs cannot be sorted.
To view the Generated CSVs page:
- From one of the Logs subtabs or the Monitors tab, specify filters and optionally change the Max Results value. Click Search to generate a log. Ensure that the search returns data.
- From the Logs tab, click the Scheduled Logs subtab.
The page displays the status of the CSV generation process on a grid.
The following table describes the information on the Generated CSVs view.
After the CSV file is created, the status changes to Completed and the file size is indicated in the Size column. The number of lines correspond to the number of rows in the log.
During the process, an icon for canceling appears in the Status column. Additional icons appear with the Completed status. If you move your mouse pointer over any icon, you see the text tip describing the icon.
To delete a CSV file:
- Click the icon for deleting:
- Click Yes to confirm.
The CSV is deleted from the list. Note that the file size quota increases by the size of the deleted file.
The file remains in the log server until 2:00 a.m., when a process purges the deleted files.
To download the file:
- Click the icon for downloading:
The browser prompts you for action on the file being downloaded. The prompt varies according to your browser.
- Respond to the prompts.
- Once the file is downloaded to your desktop, right-click and use the Open With command to open the file in another application, such as MS Excel.
To email the link to the file to yourself:
- Click the icon for sending the email.
When the email reaches your inbox, the Status column displays the information.
- In your inbox, open the email with the subject CSV as requested.
The body of the message displays the row on the Generated CSVs list for which the file was generated, and the link to the file.
The email message includes icons next to the filters used for your searches, for example: Group, Date, URL, and others. Some email clients might not display these icons successfully, but this does not affect your ability to download CSV files through the email message.
- Click the link to access the file.
This method does not delete the file from the server. The link expires after seven days, after which you receive an error message if you try to access the link. You must return to the Generated CSVs page to download the file.