Knowledgebase: McAfee Encryption
How To: Set Up the Outbound Smart Host for Exchange 2007 and 2010
Posted by on 10 June 2014 04:37 PM
Included below are the instructions to configure a smarthost on Exchange 2007 and 2010. Please note these instructions are provided "as-is" as McAfee SaaS does not directly support Microsoft Exchange. For further assistance consult the Microsoft TechNet Library.
Your smarthost address can be found on the control console in the MX Records page of the Setup tab under Email Protection. An alternate listing can be found in the Hostnames and MX Records for Email and Web Protection article. A list is also included at the bottom of this article.
1) Open the Exchange Management Console
2) In a single server environment, select Organization Configuration and Hub Transport. In a multi server environment, select Edge Transport.
3) Click on the Send Connectors tab.
4) Identify which connector is used for outbound e-mail. In most cases, there will only be one listed. If there are multiple connectors, you will need to determine the one used to route mail to external domains.
5) Open the Properties for that connector and select the Network tab.
6) Select the radio button next to "Route mail through the following smart hosts"
7) Remove any previous smarthost entries.
8) Click the Add button and enter your smart host address. Click OK.
9) Ensure that Smart Host authentication is set to "None." If it is not, click Changeto alter the settings.
10) Click OK to save your changes.
Smarthost addresses for all of our sites are included below. Please replace DOMAIN.COM with your domain name (e.g. mycompany.com).
United States: DOMAIN.COM.outbound10.mxlogic.net
Hong Kong: DOMAIN.COM.outbound10.hk.mxlogic.net
Please allow 20 to 30 minutes for the mail to find the new outbound route. If you have recently configured the smarthost or outbound servers page on the control console, a delay may occur before messages begin routing to the smarthost.