To move over to Office 365 and still use FuseMail, follow the steps below:
- MX records stay the same and point to FuseMail.
- The long MX record that Office 365 gives needs to be added as an inbound route to the FuseMail portal. Create a new inbound route, name it Office 365 and save.
The new inbound route will need to be present in the portal for 10-15 minutes so that the changes replicate on our side before you make any changes to mail flow.
- When you are ready to switch over, go to the domain page in FuseMail and set the required domains to use the new inbound route. Leave your on-site server active to ensure any currently processing emails in FuseMail can be delivered while making this change.
- Create a new send connector in Office 365. Use the same smarthost details that already exist on the on-site server send connector.
If you're not sure what these smarthost details are, they can be obtained in the FuseMail portal by clicking the *Getting Started* button on the top right of any FuseMail portal page.
- If you archive email with FuseMail or any other archive provider, you will need to create any existing journal rules in Office 365 also.
- Once you are happy with mail flow, you may remove the old inbound route from FuseMail that points to the old on-site server if no other domains still use the old route.