Knowledgebase: McAfee Encryption
How To: Set Up the Outbound Smart Host for Exchange 2003
Posted by on 10 June 2014 04:38 PM
Included below are the instructions to configure a smarthost on Exchange 2003. Please note these instructions are provided "as-is" as McAfee SaaS does not directly support Microsoft Exchange. For further assistance please consult the Microsoft TechNet Library.
Your smarthost address can be found on the control console in the MX Records page of the Setup tab under Email Protection. An alternate listing can be found in the Hostnames and MX Records for Email and Web Protection article. A list is also included at the bottom of this article.
1) Open Exchange System Manager on the Exchange Server
2) Open the Protocols folder in the Administrative Groups area
3) Open the SMTP folder
4) Right-click on the SMTP Virtual Server and select Properties
5) Select Advanced in the SMTP Virtual Server Properties
6) Enter your smarthost address in the smart host box. Click OK and exit.
7) Select the Routing Groups folder. This is usually located under Administrative Groups.
8) Select Connectors
9) Right-click the SMTP Connector and select Properties
10) On the General tab locate the radio button titled “Use DNS to route each address space on this connector”
11) Select the radio button that says “Forward all mail through this connector to the following smart hosts”
12) Enter your smart host address. Click OK to save.
Smarthost addresses for all of our sites are included below. Please replace DOMAIN.COM with your domain name (e.g. mycompany.com).
United States: DOMAIN.COM.outbound10.mxlogic.net
Hong Kong: DOMAIN.COM.outbound10.hk.mxlogic.net
Please allow 20 to 30 minutes for the mail to find the new outbound route. If you have recently configured the smarthost or outbound servers page on the control console, a delay may occur before messages begin routing to the smarthost.