Emergency Inbox is used to provide users access to email in the event that their mail environment is
unavailable. Once this occurs Proofpoint will automatically begin to spool mail for the affected domain and
the emergency inbox will immediately begin to show the spooled mail. Users are able to send new messages as
well as reply to received messages. Users are unable to see messages that were successfully delivered prior to
mail delivery being impacted.
How to access Emergency Inbox
Ensure service availability
- Go to Company Settings
- Go to the sub-heading features
- In the field Enable Instant Replay, make sure this feature has a number of day value set.
Note: If you do not have this feature available, please contact sales to add this feature to your service.
- Log into the interface. By default, you are at the Account Setup page.
- From here, you can go directly to the Emergency Inbox from the sub-heading under Account Setup.
- As an admin, once you are logged in, go to the Users & Groups tab.
- By default, you are in the Users sub-heading.
- Find the end-user you want to go to.
- Click the end-user's name/email address or the 'Edit" link on their line
- A new sub-heading bar will be available, and click on Emergency Inbox.
Note that Strategic Partners and Channel Administrators cannot access other customer's Emergency inbox's but their own. When attemping to launch an Emergency inbox that you do not have permission to view - a blank window will be displayed as seen below: