In support of McAfee's end-of-life announcement, Intel Security will begin the slow-roll release update to the McAfee SaaS Email Archiving service starting March 8, 2016. With this update, customers will be able to perform a full, one-time online export of all their archived email via the Control Console, with the ability to download the email online.
- At least one valid Archive Change Approver must be configured before export can begin. If you do not have a valid Archive Change Approver configured, please contact support for assistance.
- The online export feature packages your archive into one or more compressed/encrypted 7-Zip archives, available for download on the Control Console.
- Ingest will be permanently halted at the beginning of the export process. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you implement a new archiving vendor prior to beginning your export so that journal queues do not reach critical levels on your email server(s).
- The approximate uncompressed size of your archive is now reported in the Control Console > Archive Overview page > Email Archive Summary table > “Total storage size.”
- Once this functionality is available, a customer administrator must log onto the Control Console and initiate the export process. Intel Security will not initiate the process for you.
- Once your archive export is complete, the last steps are to download the prepared 7-Zip file(s) containing your email data and then cancel your service.
- You will have 90 days to download all your files from the completion date of the export. After this time, your data will be queued for permanent removal from our system.
- The system will alert your Archive Change Approvers via email when the export is complete and ready for download.
- You may cancel your archiving service at any time so that you are no longer billed and still retain the ability to initiate a full export within 180 days of cancellation. However, if you cancel your service, you will lose access to all Archiving portions of the Control Console, except for the ability to perform a full online export. If you wish to retain access to archive search functionality, do not cancel your service while the export is in progress.
- If you cancel your service and do not initiate export within 180 days of cancellation, your archive will be queued for permanent removal from our system.
- There is a limit to the number of simultaneous exports we can process. Therefore, you may initiate export but it may not begin immediately. The new UI elements of the export feature will detail the status of your export at each stage along the way.